Automatic Credit Card
With the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program, your monthly electric bill is automatically charged to your credit/debit card or pinless debit card, no sooner than five days after the billing date listed on your electric bill. You know your electric bill is paid on time and without having to worry about writing a check, buying a stamp, or losing your payment in the mail.
With this option, you will also enjoy the benefits of eBill Electronic Billing which enables you to access your billing and account information electronically, day or night. If not already enrolled in eBill, you will be prompted to do so since participation in eBill is mandatory for participation in the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program.
- Accepted cards
- Credit or Debit - Visa?, MasterCard?, American Express?, Discover?, or Diners Club?
- Pinless Debit - PULSE?, STAR?, Accel? or NYCE?
- Please use your existing payment method to pay any balances currently due.
- Free enrollment. There are no service fees associated with the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program.
- Please allow 2 business days to set up your enrollment on your account. Once your account is set up, the service will take effect with your next monthly billing.
- By participating in eBill you will no longer receive paper bills through the mail.
- Currently the automatic credit card program is available to residential customers only.
- There is a $1,500 payment threshold per transaction. Payments that exceed this threshold will not be processed and you will be responsible for making alternative payment arrangements.
- If your payment is declined, you will automatically be removed from the automatic credit card program. You will be notified via email if this occurs.
- If you have multiple accounts enrolled in this program, each account will need to be updated individually. Additional accounts can be selected from the dropdown list on My Account, then click View.
- If you are an existing Checkless Payment Plan customer, your enrollment in the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program will be set up after any current balance due is submitted for payment using your existing payment method on the due date.
- If you are currently enrolled in the program and are updating or canceling your enrollment, your changes may take up to 2 business days to be completed.
- Credit card changes will take effect on the next business day.
The company, KUBRA, is the third-party vendor with whom FirstEnergy Service Company has contracted on behalf of your utility company to provide you the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program. Please note that the KUBRA Payment Center site may contain links to other sites and that FirstEnergy Corp., its subsidiaries and affiliates do not control these sites nor is it responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites.
How to Enroll, Update or Cancel
In order to enroll, update or cancel your automatic credit card enrollment, log into your online account. On the My Account page, under the Billing & Payment Options, select the Enroll, Update or Cancel link, which will take you to the KUBRA Payment Center site, where you can update your account.
Credit and Debit Card Payments
On December 13, 2019, FirstEnergy announced its credit/debit card partnership with KUBRA.
As a registered user, you will be able to do the following on KUBRA Payment Center's mobile-friendly website.
- View credit/debit card payment history
- Save and update credit/debit card information in your Wallet
- Check the status of credit/debit card payments
- Enroll in AutoPay
Note: If you are already on our Automatic Credit Card Program, you will not have to do anything to stay enrolled in this program.
This new Guest Payment option, KUBRA EZ-PAY?, allows you to pay your bill with an account number and ZIP Code. You don't need to log in or create an online account. We look up your account information, you enter your credit/debit card information and payment amount, and your payment is complete. In addition, you are able to receive text confirmations regarding your payment.